Dydacomp Provides Best Practices for SMB Retailers to Launch a Mobile Integration Strategy
Simplicity, branding and data management are key to successful deployment.
PARSIPPANY, NJ, July 11, 2012 - Dydacomp, a leading provider of business technology platforms for small and mid-sized eCommerce and multichannel merchants, today announced a list of best practices to help retailers implement mobile strategies.
A recent survey of small and mid-sized merchants conducted at Dydacomp’s annual User Conference revealed that nearly 50 percent of respondents were interested in leveraging mobile. With nearly 110 million smartphone users in the U.S., mobile marketing and commerce offers a real way for retailers to grow sales and customer loyalty. In order to help retailers take advantage of mobile, Dydacomp has compiled the following list of best practices:
- Identify your opportunity – Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android make up a large majority of the mobile landscape in the U.S. Developing and testing can take a significant amount of time, especially for Android due to the different number of OS versions and hardware manufacturers. Prioritize and spend your time on these two systems rather than on lesser-used mobile systems.
- Keep it simple – Don’t use Flash, drop-down menus, pop-ups or other functions that you might normally use on a full site. Remember, there is no mouse on a mobile phone so functions that require a “hover” are not a good idea.
- Maintain your brand – Don’t sacrifice your brand for the sake of simplicity. Make your logo prominent, retain your color scheme and assure your customers that they are still browsing on your official mobile site.
- Use a single source of data – Minimize maintenance of duplicate content by using a single source of data for all of your products and categories.
- Don’t sacrifice for tablets – A tablet may be considered a mobile device, but tablet users often expect a full browsing experience. Displaying a template optimized for a mobile phone on a tablet could result in a lot of wasted space. The best approach is to render your full site on tablets.
"eCommerce retailers are increasingly interested in leveraging emerging channels such as mobile," said Fred Lizza, CEO of Dydacomp. "By investing the time to put best practices in place, they can ensure that the transition to mobile integration is as smooth as possible to get the most out of their mobile initiatives."
Dydacomp solves the business automation and order management needs of eCommerce, catalog, DRTV, and traditional point-of-sale businesses worldwide. Nearly 10,000 companies have relied on the Multichannel Order Manager (M.O.M.) solution to streamline processes, increase efficiencies and boost revenue in areas such as inventory control, order entry, customer maintenance, credit card processing, list fulfillment, shipping and more. Through its open API, M.O.M. connects to virtually any eCommerce platform as well as SiteLINK®, the company’s cloud-hosted eCommerce solution. With M.O.M. and SiteLINK, SMB clients manage over a million online shoppers daily, nearly ten million in gross merchandise sales every day, and optimize over $4 billion in inventory. Dydacomp’s solutions provide them with the keys to drive business growth. For more information, visit www.dydacomp.com.
Dydacomp provides essential order, inventory and customer management solutions to growing multichannel retailers that integrate easily with eCommerce platforms to drive efficiency, productivity, insight and growth. Dydacomp’s proven on premise & cloud-based solutions enable small to medium sized retail & fulfillment businesses to grow faster by expanding their eCommerce presence & automating back office operations to manage critical aspects of their business: multichannel order management; inventory visibility & control across multiple channels; drop ship management; rapid, reliable order fulfillment; customer management; integration with Magento, eBay & more.
Freestyle Commerce is Dydacomp’s latest cloud-based innovation. Freestyle is tightly integrated with third-party eCommerce software Magento, providing users with the smartest order management dashboards for the always up-to-date business insight they need to grow sales.
Over 2,000 multichannel merchants rely on Dydacomp's Freestyle Commerce and Multichannel Order Manager (M.O.M.) solutions to automate their back office operations and drive business growth. Dydacomp's clients engage over a million shoppers daily, generating nearly 10 million in gross merchandise sales every day. For more information, visit www.dydacomp.com and follow us on Twitter @dydacomp.
CMO & EVP, Sales